For more than 50 years the Episcopal Church in the Diocese of Chicago has responded to many of today’s most important social needs through the ministries of Episcopal Charities and Community Services.
This important work is made possible by the financial contributions, volunteer leadership, and earnest prayer of people from all walks of life who are united around our mission of transforming lives through the grace of God.
- Serving individuals and families for more than 50 years, ECCS is the most comprehensive Episcopalian social service network in the region.
- 100% of every gift made to Episcopal Charities is used to help make a difference in the lives of more than 60,000 people across northern Illinois each year.
- In the last 10 years alone, ECCS has distributed more than $11 million in unrestricted grants to ministry partners, congregations, and community development partnerships.
- In 2011 Episcopal Charities granted $643,000 to support the work of ministry partners.
- Episcopal Charities and Community Services is an independent 501(c)3 that operates within guidelines established by the IRS and the State of Illinois, including the oversight and governance of an independent board of directors.